Lardon Construction Corp.
Pay Rate $20.00-$35.00
Job location: 108 Lake Avenue, Blasdell, New York, 14219
Job type: Full-time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Lardon Construction Corporation, is a local, family-owned business. We are family owned and operated, full-service land-clearing, hauling, grinding, and biomass manufacturer. We are looking to hire a Diesel (Heavy Duty) Mechanic. This is a local full time, year round opportunity with an established family owned and operated company. We are looking for a skilled mechanic to assemble, maintain, and repair commercial vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems. An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
- Valid certification (e.g. ASE) is preferred but not needed to qualify
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred but not needed to qualify
- At least 1 year of previous diesel /heavy mechanic experience is preferred
- Must maintain good personal hygiene
- Must be able to pass random drug testing
- Reliable, motivated, safety oriented and a team player
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Diagnose any mechanical problems, consulting your team as needed to arrive at a solution.
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems.
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components.
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery.
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machines, keep logs of work and report on issues.
- Conduct visual inspections, maintenance, and repairs on diesel trucks and trailers.
- Clean equipment, parts, and your work station regularly to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Proven experience as a mechanic.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components.
- Knowledge of hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers).
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Very good communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- 5 PTO days accrued as per NYS Regulations, per a 12 month period
- 1 Personal day and 6 paid holidays per year after 90 day probation period
- Paid vacation days
- IRA optional, Up to 3% match after stipulations are met
- 50% Healthcare coverage for 1 individual after 90 Days
- Uniforms provided after 90 days employment
Disclaimer: Although the Company has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, the Company reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the Company, at any time, with or without advance notice.
Please note that qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are considered for promotion, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
For any questions email our hiring Manager at Leanne@lardoncorp.com